Monday, July 23, 2012




It's been HOT!!! And I do mean HOT here. It's been in the triple digits for two weeks and we are kind of over it. I don't like to complain, but we have had to get kind of creative on how to spend our time. The girls get a bit stir crazy being cooped up in the house all the time. (or is that me?) ;) We started the summer being able to go to the park and play in the back yard, and have picnics. But lately we have been going to the library a bit more, playing at the mall play area, and doing play-dough at home. Life isn't too bad I guess. :) 

The girls have both been nursing some summer colds lately. It started with Gwen, but hit Braelyn a lot harder when she got it. She's had a cough and runny nose for a couple weeks now. I did end up taking them to the doctor last week because Braelyn had a fever for a few days too. She is darn cute when she is sick. Quite a bit more whiney, but cute nonetheless. She will yell from across the room, "Mom! My nose is ringing!!!" That means her nose is "running". Cracks me up each and every time. 

Gwendolyn has really been rocking her crutches as of late. She's still slow and tentative about them, but she can do it without ANY help from me now! I can't wait until she masters these like she mastered the walker. I think it will be so good for her. My hope is that she is able to use them at school by the time she turns 3. I have added a little video of her using her crutches in our hallway. You can tell it still takes me a bit of encouraging to get her moving, but don't let her fool you with her whining. She loves the independence. :) And I actually caught her asking for "holpe" on video! This cracks me up too. Her asking for "help" is the cutest thing ever!

Enjoy our pics from the past couple weeks and stay cool!!

She's brilliant, what can I say. 

Working on one of our projects. Which is really just practice with glue sticks and scissors.
 Good 2 year old fun, let me tell ya!

Bath time!

Doesn't she look so grown up here!!??


It takes practice!!

Please excuse the twin sister coughing in the background. But I am SO proud of this little rockstar!!

2 comments:

  1. This made my day!!! You rock, Gwendolyn Marie! Jo-Jo is so proud of you! You are such a super star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete