Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Sweet Valentines

The girls were very excited for Valentines Day this year. I really don't think they had any idea what it was, but Braelyn was just excited there was a "holiday" coming up. THAT she knew. She kept asking if she was getting a "holiday treat". I took the girls to Walgreens one night last week to pick out their Valentine cards, and to pick out a gift for their Daddy. I have to admit that this was the first time I took the girls anywhere by myself and allowed Gwendolyn to walk with her walker. Usually when we go anywhere without Daddy, I put both girls in a cart. It just made me feel better....and safer. ;) Well, I figured Walgreens is small enough that I should be able to contain them and Gwendolyn should be comfortable walking that far. I of coarse prepped them like crazy before we went in and they did really, really well. (With one minor exception of Gwendolyn's obsession with the gift card display.)  I'm sure we were quite the spectacle with me and my over-sized belly, and my two 3 year olds toddling next to me. (or ahead of me, as the case was some of the time) ;) Letting them pick out their own Valentine cards was an interesting experience. It went nothing like I thought it would. I would have bet big money that we were going to walk out of there with Hello Kitty, Dora, or Princess cards. But instead, Braelyn chose Chuggington and Gwendolyn chose Madagascar. ?????? Weird to say the least. But I couldn't talk them out of their choices, so that's what we went with. I also let them choose Daddy's Valentines gift. I tried to give them the speech that we were buying something they thought Daddy would like, not what they would like, but Braelyn chose a stuffed dog and Gwendolyn chose a Mickey Mouse cup and a doggy snow globe. Good times. :)

We surprised the girls that morning with a few small Valentine gifts. Their favorite by far was the big red heart balloons. They have had more fun with those than anything else. Lesson learned. $0.99 well spent.

It seems Gwendolyn had a few Valentines of her own at school this week! Her teacher told me that now there are THREE boys vying for her attention. They are rushing to be the one to pull out her chair and get her crutches or walker. I told her if she sticks with the boys that pull out her chair for her she's good to go. Gotta teach her early how a lady should be treated right?? ;)

Gwendolyn also had a stellar performance at PT this week. My mom is wonderful enough to drive to our children's hospital every other week so that Gwendolyn can get some decent PT. She's always been extremely quiet with the therapist even though we've been going to him for almost 2 years now. If you remember her swim therapy that she takes during the summer months, it's the same therapist she still sees. He's wonderful, but Gwen is her typical quiet around strangers self and refuses to talk to him. Apparently she opened up a bit on Friday. She also worked SO hard and was so cooperative with him that he gave her a medal for all of her hard work. She was very proud of this medal and we have really tried to make a big deal about it.

Braelyn is getting more and more curious about Baby Shea coming. We've had a few long conversations about it lately. She wants to know what Shea will eat, and how she can kiss her, and play with her. It's adorable to listen to and I'm very glad she's excited about the new addition. I know it's a long time for her to wait for something. Hopefully she will still be this excited with a crying little sister in the house!

My sleeping angel.

Here's Daddy and his girls with the very thoughtful gifts they picked out for him for Valentines Day.

Gwendolyn and her medal, standing proud. 

My favorite Valentines!

I worry about taking this one shopping as a teenager. She's got a very unique sense of style. :)


The girls kept busy today doing some painting. 
                                





Braelyn's finished product.

Gwendolyn's finished product.


P.S. Can I throw out a prayer request? We have recently put our house on the market and really, really, really would like it to sell before Baby Shea comes in April. We are in need of a house that is a bit more accessible to Gwendolyn. I hate the fact that she has to crawl, or be carried, up and down the stairs to get in or out of the house.  It's just not fair for her. She deserves better than that. Adding a third child to the family, it would also be very nice to have a bit more room for our growing family. 

 I know it's a long shot, but it only takes one person interested enough to buy right? It's tough having to keep the house all tidied up every morning in hopes of someone coming to look at it. Especially with two three year olds living here. :) I can only imagine what it will be like with a newborn here as well. So, any prayers for a quick sale would be GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Have a great week!!!




1 comment:

  1. They are such dolls, love the photo with the medal! Gwendolyn looks SO proud!

    ReplyDelete