Monday, October 1, 2012

Finally....an update!


Sorry for yesterday's blank post. Didn't mean to publish that! ;)


Wow, so I knew it had been awhile since our last post, but really didn't realize the last one was back in August! So sorry! September was a crazy month. With getting into the real swing of things with school myself. And my birthday, and planning for the girl's birthday, and football season, it's been even busier than normal around here. 

So, a ton has happened this month as well. As usual, I will try to explain mostly with pictures since I know that's really what you all come here for anyway. :) First off....our baby girls are THREE!!  Can you believe it? Their birthdays were on Saturday. Remember when they looked like this?


Yeah, they are big girls now. And they will remind you of that if you ever call them "baby" too. ;) We had a fantastic party with family and friends at a local park. The girls had a blast. Here are a few pics from the day. It was a gorgeous day, but kind of sunny and I only had my phone to take photos, so not all of them turned out that great. 





















After their big birthday bash, and a few looooong naps at our house, we went out to eat to celebrate. We decided to wait until the next day for the girls to open their presents from us. Braelyn has been asking for a PillowPet that lights up. She saw the commercial on tv in July and has literally been talking about it ever since. I of coarse went out and bought it for her thinking this will be the best birthday gift ever! She's been asking for this toy for 3 months! Guess what? She's scared of it. She really likes it in the daylight, but don't even try to shut off the lights and show her how the thing is supposed to work. Because she will throw that thing out of the room so fast! :) Yep....it happened. 


Gwendolyn doesn't usually ask for much. She got a new doll from her Aunt Susan and Uncle Kyle, so I got her a little wheelchair that her doll will fit into. She really seemed to like it. She loves pushing her dolls around the house in things anyway, so she really liked that her dolls have a chair just like she uses sometimes. 





In other news....Gwendolyn started preschool yesterday! Yes, I lost sleep over her going, yes I shed some tears of my own that morning. But, she was so excited to go! She actually did great! She cried a little bit when Grammie and Nana dropped her off, but it didn't last long. Her sweet teacher even emailed me some pictures of her in class. She said that Gwendolyn was timid and quiet and just took everything in, but she did it! And she did it without us. This was such a huge step in her confidence and independence. We were very excited that she did so well. That afternoon when asked how her day went she said, "I made friends, I like my teacher, I had fun!" That's my girl. :)












I can't believe how quickly my baby girls are growing up. Everyone said it would fly by, but I would be fine if it would all just slow down a bit. Hope this post finds you all well. And I will try my hardest to keep up with the beloved blog more. Keep in touch!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe three years have come and gone. They are growing up to be beautiful young ladies. I know you are so proud of them. Happy belated birthday Gwendolyn and Braelyn.
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete