Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Surgery Update


Just a note that Gwen is now on the operating table at CMH. She will be getting a shunt to drain the fluid in her brain in addition to closing the myelomeningocele opening on her back. The operation time should last between 2.5-3.5 hours. After that, they expect it will take another hour for the anesthesia to wear off. She was in a feisty mood before leaving for the procedure which honestly put me at ease. As you can see from the photo, I was able to hold my little angel for a short time before she had to leave for the operation.

Thanks so very much for your well-wishes! I can't use my cell phone most of the time that I'm here per hospital policy but I have got all your messages... and I appreciate them all!


When we get an update on Gwen, I’ll be sure to post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment