Thursday, June 28, 2012

First Haircuts!!



Well, I figured it was about time our little ladies got their first haircuts. They usually wear their hair up anyway, but it needed a good trim. The girls have inherited Mommy's natural curls. (Yes, I straighten it every morning) ;) But all those curls makes it hard to realize just how long their hair had actually gotten! When it was wet you could see that it was actually half-way down their backs.

I wasn't sure how well the girls would handle getting their hair cut. In fact, I really thought they would hate it and cry the entire time. Especially Gwen. ;) BUT, I was proven wrong! I did prep them profusely ahead of time. We watched about five You Tube videos of other little girls getting their hair cut. I kept saying things like, "See how that little girl sits up really high in the chair?" and, "See? The nice lady is using scissors, but it doesn't hurt." Yep....I'm that kinda mom. ;) Daddy even came to meet us at the beauty shop because he didn't want to miss out on this "first" either. (yep...he's that kinda dad) ;)

I of coarse took a bazillion pictures and brought little baggies with their name and the date on it to keep their first cut locks for all time. It just kept going through my mind that the hair that she was cutting off is some of the same hair that was on those cute little newborn heads I loved seeing so very much. You can see from the pictures below that the girls did amazingly well, I only teared up once, and we celebrated with some Red Robin!! All was good in the hood. :)






Admiring the finished product. 


Ahhh.....the chipmunk smile. You know she's  doing some serious smiling when she breaks out the "chipmunk". 



Our celebration dinner and Gwendolyn's finished product.




The following is just my Braelyn being Braelyn. Yes, it's 107 degrees here and she is still sporting her cupcake stocking hat. (thanks Aunt Liz! );)






If you remember, Gwendolyn was always our binky fanatic. But, Braelyn found this in our old diaper bag and pretended to be a baby for a good 30 minutes. We thought she was becoming too attached though, and when it was time for us to take it actual tears were shed. Awwww..... :(
(binky was promptly thrown away  so there was NO more confusion) ;)


Mommy did some more garage saling last weekend and scored pretty good! The  highchair and dolls has been a huge hit at our house. All for about 8 bucks! Love me some garage sales!!

This is Braelyn's usual after nap routine. Poor thing. It takes her a bit to wake up.

Look at our girl!!!! She's using forearm crutches!! Definitely still a work in progress, but she's doing really well!!  We have a system. I sit on a scooter board that I had ordered to help her learn how to crawl and scoot myself backwards down the hall while supporting her a little bit as she walks with the crutches. And then when she gets to the end of the hall she climbs on my lap and I scoot her real quick all the way back down the hall on the scooter board. And then of coarse I have to give Braelyn a ride as well. ;) We probably look crazy, but it works!! It will give her so much more freedom when she can master these crutches. So much easier that the walker. We are praying that she gets the hang of these quickly. 


Gwendolyn has also really enjoyed the new highchair. She walks all over the house on her knees pushing it. Such a big girl. :)

We will be doing a little bit of traveling coming up pretty soon to a very "happy place" so it may be a little bit until our next post, but the wait will be worth it!! Great pictures to come! Stay cool out there!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your girls and I love the pink crutches!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so grown up. Enjoy your days in the "Happy Place" and hope to see you while you are here.

    ReplyDelete