Monday, October 19, 2009

A New Plan Moving Forward

So, sorry that I went "off the grid" these last few days.

The sad truth is that I came to an unexpected conclusion of late. I actually have less "down time" to write blog entries when all is well with the girls than I ever did during the Castellanos time playing a round of hospital musical chairs.

As many of you know, this blog was created to keep everyone abreast of the girls health in the days after their birth. The original plan for the blog was that it would conclude shortly after the girls arrived home safe and sound, which is where we sit now.

However, as is typically the case, a funny thing happened between the start of the blog and now.

I've had several of you ask that I keep it going and honestly (these last few days not withstanding) it has seemed much less a task than I initially anticipated.

Therefore, I've decided to keep the blog going. After all, what father wouldn't like an outlet to brag on his beautiful girls?!?!?!

That being said, it's become painfully evident to me that life with a full-time job, two infant girls and a beautiful wife isn't conducive to sitting down on a daily basis to scribe updates.

Ergo, I've decided to kind of "downshift" and make my blog updates a weekly endeavor. So my promise (or at least my sincere hope) is that I'll be able to sock away just enough time each and every week to post a recap by each Monday morning. Some weeks I'll post on Saturday and honestly some weeks it might not be until Tuesday. Still, for those of you that are interested and want to know how Braelyn and her "little sister" Gwendolyn are doing, you've now got a good idea as to when you can log on and find out.

With that said, I'll leave you with two photos... one of each of our girls:

Braelyn McKee

Gwendolyn Marie

See what I mean? How can I NOT share photos of those two Angels! BTW, kudos goes to our new mommy. She's by far the aspiring "photographer" in the family. In addition to the two above, she's responsible for the majority of the photos that have been posted on this blog.

Again, for all of you that asked me to keep this going, I humbly say thanks!

We'll talk to you in about a week... until then.

5 comments:

  1. found you using "next blog". adorable little girls you have. btw - my youngest daughter is Braylen. you picked a good name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I now know not to check everyday. I am glad you are going to continue writing. Hugs and kisses to all!!! Love.. Susan Gillett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have thoroughly enjoyed your blog! Such a beautiful family. Melissa Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything is going well. Even though I get regular updates from Eileen, I still enjoy reading your blog entries. Thanks for keeping us up to date.
    Jan C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Glad you are going to keep it going. I check it all the time. Girls are beautiful. Can't wait until we are well. Im coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete