Monday, October 12, 2009

Our Family's Complete

Well folks, I'm writing today's blog as a VERY proud daddy! As I peer into the bassinet, I see two beautiful girls peacefully resting... well, I guess you can get the "peaceful" vibe more if you ignore Gwen's snoring, but I digress! ;)

Honestly, Heather and I are ecstatic to report that there were no last-minute issues and we were blissfully able to take Gwen home from the hospital this afternoon.

The only interesting dilemma to report is that we are still trying to synchronize their schedules so when one's up, the other is eating. Once that one finishes and gets to sleep, the other begins to rouse herself out of a slumber for food... Hopefully for my sleep pattern's sake, we can get them on the same rotation shortly!

Because of that, we still haven't really been able to observe them together when they are both awake. Still, something tells me they'll be just fine with one another... If not, we'll have plenty of opportunities to work on it as the years and decades roll past.


I don't want to sound like a broken record here, but Heather, I and the girls just want to reiterate again how humbled we have been with the outpouring of support that's come our way. We are blessed not only to have our two girls at home with us but to have such a tremendous support system of family and friends. You've all gone above and beyond in lending a helping hand and offering well-wishes.

On a personal note, I want to thank Heather for being our family's rock. This entire situation has been far from easy... and I guess it will never completely be over with. Still, she's often kept me from over reacting (a trait of mine that's getting worse with age it seems) and helped us all though this difficult time.

Okay, enough of the sappy stuff. I'll be back in the office tomorrow for an event we've got going on but something tells me that I'll still find enough time to post an entry dotingly scribing about my girls!

Good night all!

7 comments:

  1. I love the family photo and the girls photo together! Just precious!!!! Enjoy those amazing blessings. Love to you all--the grahams

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to meet them! Howie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie pies! I'm so glad they're both home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Howie! I can't wait to see my two little new friends together, as they should be. Sending love and lots of hugs and kisses...Steph and Sam! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for the entire Castellano crew! I can't wait to meet little Gwen and see how you two are managing all of the diapers and feedings. :) All 4 of you are an inspiration. Stay strong, accept all the help that is offered to you and enjoy every moment with your beautiful girls! Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just amazing-I'm crying as I type this comment- (must be the pregnancy hormones)- Chuck, you and Heather have such strength! Both of you truly are an inspiration. I am so thrilled that the 4 of you are all together at home. Bob and I are sending all the love and support and hugs we have your way!! Hope to see you all soon!! Love Jen and Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am crying and I don't have pregancy hormones!!!! Congratulations..what adorable children. Love, Susan Gillett

    ReplyDelete