Tuesday, November 3, 2009

When it Rains, it Pours


Unfortunately, tonight’s blog doesn’t have much of a Gwendolyn update. She remains in limbo as the tests continue. The Neurologist continues his assessment that she doesn’t need follow-up brain surgery as her symptoms aren’t getting worse and the Pulmonologist continues to contend that it’s the only logical answer.

So, Gwen sits in her bed waiting to be told what her future holds as she continues a myriad of tests.

As a disclaimer to last night’s post, the following comments were posted on the blog in response to that entry: “Chiari is not a tethered spine. Chiari is where your brain has no room.” The other comment read: “Please go to www.asap.org and read what Chiari is. TS is entirely different.”

I apologize for disseminating incorrect information, I was just going off how the hospital pediatrician was explaining it to me and doing my best to forward on the correct information to you all. Something tells me if it was the Neurologist that was describing it, I would have been a little more spot on. Obviously, I misspoke and I appreciate you all keeping me honest!!!

Regardless, there's a reason that I entitled tonight's blog “When it Rains, it Pours.” Apparently, both Heather and I contracted food poisoning. It has hit both of us with vengeance today. Because of my situation, I had to stay away from the hospital until I got a little more “regular” shall we say. In all my time of illnesses, which luckily isn’t extensive, I can honestly say I’ve NEVER been this rundown before. I mean, I’m spent right now. Still, Gwen doesn’t have the luxury of saying that both of her parents feel poor so tonight she’ll give us a break and feel better… so I’m back at the hospital again. At least my food poisoning has crested and is getting better.

About midway through the afternoon, Heather felt some similar effects herself. Our only theory is that we each purchased salads from the hospital cafeteria. That’s really the only like items we’ve had over the past 24 hours so it’s got to be the culprit. Let this be a warning, see what happens when you try to eat healthy. Then again, it has been a boon for reducing my caloric intake today!

Anyway, Heather is feeling the effects worse than I right now. Seems that she barely made it home tonight and can’t even keep water down. At least all of my “issues” took place south of the border. As you can tell, Heather has gotten nausea as well. So, Grandma McKee has Braelyn for a sleepover tonight.

With that, above is the first of the photos we got from the girls newborn photo session (trust me, more will follow shortly as I brag about my girls). Needless to say, we are VERY glad we scheduled them when we did or their “newborn” photos might have ended up being three-month photos at this stage. As you can tell, we lucked out in the fact the girls don’t resemble daddy at all! Now THAT would have been an unfair cross to bear.

;)

Nighty, night and sorry again that I misspoke yesterday!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo. They look to be fast friends already. Please know that I continue to keep you all in my thoughts. I'm so sorry to hear that you and Heather were sick and hope you both feel better tomorrow.
    All the best, Mary Lee Brawley

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful picture. Chuck, I am so sorry that you and Heather are sick. I can't imagine how exhausted you both are right now. I keep praying and wishing I could help you all feel better. Please don't apologize to anyone for trying to explain all that you are taking in right now, in this very personal journey. You are sharing a very sensitive part of your life and you are most assuredly allowed to get the facts a little mixed up now and then. THANK YOU for letting us all be a part of Gwen and Braelyn's lives through this blog. We owe you nothing but gratitude for sharing these precious stories with all of us. Please know that you are loved...
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and peaceful picture! They are amazing and you and Heather are amazing for keeping us in the loop when all of this craziness is going on!! I hope you both are feeling better, I've experienced the food poisoning and it is absolutely awful! I am keeping your family in my prayers and can not wait to be able to meet your girls and catch up with you and Heather!
    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete